Monday, July 25, 2011

I cheated. (a tutorial)

A before& after
After I posted this picture I got a lot of emails and comments on how to exactly do this shot so I thought I’d revel my secrets…. are you ready?!
This is not me spinning him.
(WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!)
It’s my sister. Before she spun him I wrapped my arms around her and pointed my camera down and then focused on Wyatt’s eyes. Then I counted to 3 and she and I both spun around as she held onto Wyatt.
My settings were f/3.5 1/25 ISO 200 but when I uploaded my picture I didn't like that you could see the people behind him so I edited it like this…
First I did a clean edit (adjust contrast levels etc.) Then I went into the Full edit mode (remember I use PSE8) added a little warmth with some actions.
I then concentrated  just the background. I used the quick selection tool and selected the background not my sisters arm or Wyatt’s face. then I went into the filters under the effect on the right side and choose the blur filter. Once in there I used the radial blur tool. (when using that tool make sure that you move the center to the area you DO NOT want to be blurred.) Had the amount at 22. This then made the background look like it was spun more. I also used the motion blur so it would even it all out.
I sharpened it, reduced the noise and was done.
Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama

16 comments:

  1. Lol, I love that you cheated on this--you totally had me fooled! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super creative!! LOVE IT!! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very cool! I now own PSE but have yet to learn how to use it. It's rather intimidating compared to LR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't cheat.. that is just how you did it-I really think it is amazing that you can get a great shot like that over someone's shoulder-LOVE it and I still think it is brilliant and so NOT cheating.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm running out of room on my favorites bar for all of your tutorials! LOL! I'm a brand new Photoshopper, and I am just flabbergasted at how easy you make this stuff! Thank you, and bless you!, for sharing your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny that you should say that, when I saw this picture after I got over the intial WOW I tried to figure out how you did it and all I could come up with is that you were hugging the person swinging him, I love it when I can figure something out. Great photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fabulous. His facial expression is the focus of the picture...so why not!?! Just great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great and not cheating. Just smart :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to know. I'm totally trying this. lol. (P.S. I still love it.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for this tip... I always wondered how those were done. Although I don't think my selective grab has EVER been that precise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this shot, love love love your editing; very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is just fantastic! How very creative and you caught the perfect expression on his face too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Take a moment to comment, so I can personally thank you.